Temporary Activity visa (Subclass 408)

This visa is only intended for those individuals who have 28 days or less remaining on their current visa – or whose visa has expired less than 28 days prior – and who have evidence that they are engaged in ongoing work in a critical sector (such as agriculture, food processing, health care, aged care, disability or child care).

You must also be able to demonstrate that an Australian citizen or permanent resident cannot fill your position. 

Main Specifications 

  • The applicant must be able to provide evidence of their ongoing employment – such as payslips, a contract and/or a letter from an employer.  
  • The applicant must provide a statement explaining why they cannot apply for another type of visa, why they are not able to leave Australia, and what actions they are takign to arrange theri departure once travel restrictions are lifted. 
  • The applicant must provide financial documents to demonstrate that they can support themselves and cover their own living expenses.

    Let our friendly team assist you with your visa situation.


    Putt Legal are your specialists in Immigration Law. We can assist you in making your migration to Australia seamless.

    The Australian visa process can be complex and confusing; our lawyers work with you to guide you through every step of the way.

    We are highly qualified and experienced in immigration law matters and are committed to providing expert advice in every individual case.

    Work Visas

    Coming to Australia to work? We can help!

    Visa Refusals & Cancellations

    Has your visa been refused or cancelled? Time is short! Let our expertise guide you.

    Legal Assistance for Migration Agents

    If you’d like us to advise or help you with a difficult case, arrange an appointment.

    Family Visas

    Are you looking to bring a child, parent or relative to Australia? We can help!

    Partner & Spouse Visas

    Are you looking to bring your partner or spouse to Australia? We can help!

    Appeal against Adverse Migration Decisions

    If you require help with an appeal against an adverse migration decision (refusal or cancellation), we can help!

    Talk to our friendly immigration team today!

    Pin It on Pinterest