Contributory Aged Parent VISa
Contributory Aged Parent Visa – Do you want to bring your parents to Australia?
The Contributory Aged Parent visa (Subclass 884) is a permanent visa that allows a parent of an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident to stay indefinitely in Australia.
Definition of an Aged Parent
The definition of an Aged Parent is linked to the Australian pension age. In short:
- if you were born from 1 January 1957 onwards, then you need to be 67 years of age or older to qualify as an Aged Parent.
- if you were born prior to 1957, then the age requirement varies between 65.5 years and 66.5 years depending on your exact date of birth.
To be eligible the applicant must also:
- have a child who is an Australian citizen, or an Australian permanent resident, and who has been lawfully resident in Australia for two years
- the application must be lodged onshore
- meet the balance-of-family test
- have an accepted Assurance of Support from their sponsoring child
- meet health and character requirements.
You must be sponsored by an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident. Your sponsor needs to have been living lawfully in Australia for at least two years before you apply for this visa. For most applicants, your child or your child’s spouse or de facto partner will need to sponsor you.
If your child is younger than 18 years of age, you can be sponsored by:
- your child’s spouse, if the spouse has turned 18 and is a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand, citizen
- a relative or guardian of your child
- a relative or guardian of your child’s spouse, if the spouse has not turned 18 and is a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand, citizen
- a community organisation.
Do you want to bring your parent to Australia?
WHY PUTT LEGAL?
Putt Legal are your specialists in Immigration Law. We can assist you in making your migration to Australia seamless.
The Australian visa process can be complex and confusing; our lawyers work with you to guide you through every step of the way.
We are highly qualified and experienced in immigration law matters and are committed to providing expert advice in every individual case.