Child Visa – Subclass 802
Child Visa – Do you want to bring your child to Australia?
The Child Visa (Subclass 802) is a permanent visa that allows a dependent child of an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident to stay indefinitely in Australia.
To be eligible the applicant must:
- be a dependent child of a parent who is an Australian citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent visa
- be under 18 years, a full-time student aged over 18 and under 25 and financially dependent on the parent, or over 18 and unable to work due to disability
- be single and dependent on the parent
- be in Australia when the application is made and when the decision is made
- meet health and character requirements.
The child must be dependent on an Australian citizen, or an Australian permanent resident. The sponsor needs to be an eligible parent or the spouse or de-facto partner of the child.
The Department may not approve sponsorship if the parent or their partner has been charged or convicted of offences involving children.
Do you want to bring your child to Australia?
WHY PUTT LEGAL?
Putt Legal are your specialists in Immigration Law. We can assist you in making your migration to Australia seamless.
The Australian visa process can be complex and confusing; our lawyers work with you to guide you through every step of the way.
We are highly qualified and experienced in immigration law matters and are committed to providing expert advice in every individual case.