Family Pathways

Family Pathways for Australia

Is your child an Australian citizen or a permanent resident?

Do you have a family member who is currently overseas and you would like them to join you in Australia?

If you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident, it is possible to bring family members to join you in Australia. How to do this depends on the type of visa you hold and meeting other conditions. 

 Steps for Sponsor to check 

  1. Find out if your family member wants to join you temporarily or permanently
  2. Find out if your visa allows you to sponsor family members?  


Family Visas that Putt Legal assist with are:

Parent Visa Pathways

Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143)

Find out more about Subclass 143.

Contributory Parent Visa (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 173)

Find out more about Subclass 173.

Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 864)

Find out more about Subclass 864.

Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 884)

Find out more about Subclass 884.

Child Visa Pathways

Child Visa (Subclass 101)

Find out more about Subclass 101.

Child Visa (Subclass 802)

Find out more about Subclass 802.

Remaining Relative Visa Pathway

Remaining Relative (Subclass 835) Visa

Find out more about Subclass 835.

Bring Family Members to Australia


Putt Legal are your specialists in Immigration Law. We can assist you in making your migration to Australia seamless.

The Australian visa process can be complex and confusing; our lawyers work with you to guide you through every step of the way.

We are highly qualified and experienced in immigration law matters and are committed to providing expert advice in every individual case.

Work Visas

Coming to Australia to work? We can help!

Visa Refusals & Cancellations

Has your visa been refused or cancelled? Time is short! Let our expertise guide you.

Legal Assistance for Migration Agents

If you'd like us to advise or help you with a difficult case, arrange an appointment to speak with Jessica Edis.

Family Visas

Are you looking to bring a child, parent or relative to Australia? We can help!

Partner & Spouse Visas

Are you looking to bring your partner or spouse to Australia? We can help!

Appeal against Adverse Migration Decisions

If you require help with an appeal against an adverse migration decision (refusal or cancellation), we can help!

Talk to our friendly immigration team today!

Pin It on Pinterest