Labour Market Testing
For some employer sponsored visas, employers must show the Department of Home Affairs that they cannot find a suitable Australian worker to fill their position.
When an employer nominates an overseas worker, they will need to demonstrate that they have tested the local labour market.
Criteria for Labour Market Testing
A total of three separate adverts must be placed. The employer must advertise the position on the Government’s Job Active website and on two national reaching forums including:
- National recruitment websites (such as SEEK and / or Indeed).
- National print media – that is, national newspapers or magazines that are published at least monthly and marketed throughout Australia.
- National radio – that is radio programmes that are broadcast or syndicated nationally.
- LinkedIn’s online recruitment platform and industry specific recruitment websites (if relevant to the occupation).
- Accredited sponsors can advertise on their website.
The advertisement must be in English and include the following information:
- A title and description of the position.
- the skills or experience required for the position.
- the name of the employer or the name of the recruitment agency being used by the employer; and the salary for the position.
Let our migration agents help you with Employer Sponsorship applications today
WHY PUTT LEGAL?
Putt Legal are your specialists in Immigration Law. We can assist you in making your migration to Australia seamless.
The Australian visa process can be complex and confusing; our lawyers work with you to guide you through every step of the way.
We are highly qualified and experienced in immigration law matters and are committed to providing expert advice in every individual case.