Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) Visa – Direct Entry Stream – Permanent Residency
The Subclass 186 visa employer program is available to prospective applicants who have an “occupation in demand”, at least 3 years’ post-qualification work experience, and would like to apply for permanent residency.
To be eligible you must:
- Have an employer who is prepared to nominate you for this visa
- Have an occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list for this subclass
- Have the appropriate skills and/or qualifications related to skilled occupation
- Prove 3 years of post-qualification work experience
- Obtain positive skills assessment for a skilled occupation
- Demonstrate Competent English (IELTS score of 6 is required in each band)
- Be under 45 years of age
- Applicant & employer must declare that employment will last for at least 2 years
- The employer must pay a market salary rate for full-time employment, being a minimum of 38 hours per week
- Employer contributions are required for the government Skilled Australians Fund (SAF) – SAF fees depend on various factors including nominated occupation and duration of the visa
- A Subclass 482 is not required for this option
There are two steps to follow when sponsoring an employee under the Subclass 186 visa programme:
The employer nominates a prospective visa applicant for a specified position within their business. The employer must offer the nominee a contract of employment for a full-time position either as a permanent employee or for a period of no less than two years. The salary must be commensurate with the “market” rate that any Australian in a similar position would be paid.
2) Visa application
The person nominated to work in the specified occupation ensures that they have collated the necessary supporting evidence and applies for the visa.
These two stages do not have to be done in sequence; both applications can be lodged at the same time to reduce delays.
Let our Immigration Lawyers help you with Employer Sponsorship applications today
WHY PUTT LEGAL?
Putt Legal are your specialists in Immigration Law. We can assist you in making your migration to Australia seamless.
The Australian visa process can be complex and confusing; our lawyers work with you to guide you through every step of the way.
We are highly qualified and experienced in immigration law matters and are committed to providing expert advice in every individual case.