- Privacy.Putt Legal respects the privacy of all clients. This document outlines privacy rights and practices as laid out by the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) and Information Privacy Act 2000 (Vic). These privacy laws regulate how personal information is obtained and handled, from the collection, it’s use and future disclosures as well as how the information is stored and when and how it is disposed.
- Personal Information Collection.Personal information is defined as any information that specifically identifies you or from which your identity can be easily attained. To provide you with superior service we may need to collect relevant personal information from you.
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information.Your information will only be used to the extent that it informs our staff and assists them to carry out the required service. Your information will not be used for any purpose outside of Putt Legal and the service that you have requested or currently receiving.
- Consent and Confidentiality.By using this website and giving your information to us, you indicate your consent to us. It is our guarantee that we will treat your personal information responsibly and ethically. You are under no obligation to provide us with any of your information.
- Access to Your Personal Information.You can request access to your personal information at any time. You may also request for us to update any information or change any information that is incorrect. Any request is subject to the permissibility of the law. If for any reason we are unable to provide you with certain requested information, we will provide you with an explanation. To obtain a copy of your information you can either send us a written request, or contact our office via telephone or online.
- Information about other people.If you provide information to us about a third party (such as your directors, employees or someone you have business dealing with) you must ensure that you are entitled to disclose that information to us and that you have fully complied with the Privacy Act 1988 in relation to the collection, use or disclosure of that information.
- Security of information. We take the security of your personal and business information seriously. All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that all information is treated confidentially, kept secure and protected against unauthorised use and is maintained only for the purpose for which it is intended.
- Complaints.If you are not satisfied with our response to your request for information regarding your personal details, you may contact the Federal Privacy Commission.