Principal Immigration Lawyer & Migration Agent
Jessica Edis is an Immigration Lawyer from Perth, Western Australia and is Putt Legal’s principal having taken over the practice from founding partner Alisdair Putt in 2018.
Jessica is a highly experienced Advocate and Legal Adviser. She worked for many years as a Federal Prosecutor as an employee of the Australian Government immediately before joining Putt Legal in 2014.
Before her engagement as a Prosecutor, she worked as a commercial litigator at Ashurst and, among other matters, conducted an immigration law practice. She was engaged by the Department of Immigration concerning judicial review proceedings and represented the Department in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, the Federal Magistrates Court (as it then was), the Federal Court and the High Court.
Jessica also undertook several short term secondments at WorkSafe WA, as a Senior Lawyer and Director of Legal Services & Special Investigations. In addition to her work at Putt Legal, Jessica has recently worked as a Consultant Investigator to the United Nations World Food Program based in Rome, Italy.
Jessica was first admitted as a Barrister & Solicitor in 2001.
- Admitted Barrister & Solicitor – Supreme Court of Western Australia – 2001
- Admitted Barrister of High Court of Australia – 2001
- Registered Migration Agent – 2014
- Migration Agents Registration Number: 1462957
- Member of the Migration Institute of Australia
Educational Qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Law (Honours) – University of Western Australia
- Bachelor of Arts – University of Western Australia
- Private International Law / International Organisations / Human Rights (as part of Bachelor of Laws) – University of Aix-Marseille
- Graduate Certificate in Australian Migration Law & Practice (2014) – Australian National University
Past employment experience includes:
- United Nations World Food Program, Internal Investigator – 2015/2016 (9 month consultancy);
- Office of Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions – 9 years;
- WorkSafe WA – 10 months;
- Blake Dawson Waldron (now Ashurst) – 4 years;
- Associate to the HIH Royal Commissioner, 2002/2003;
- Associate to the Hon Justice Neville Owen, Supreme Court of Western Australia – 2000/2001.
If you would like Jessica to represent you or review a case, please complete our online assessment and a member of our team will contact you to arrange a time.