About Putt Legal
Perth Migration Lawyer
Putt Legal is a niche Migration Law firm founded by Alisdair Putt in 2012. We are a boutique practice of highly qualified lawyers who specialise in Australian Immigration Law providing our services to migrants, sponsors, migration agents and criminal lawyers alike.
Being a small dynamic firm allows us to provide a superior personal service to our clientele. We offer a premium service at a reasonable cost. Based in Perth, Western Australia, we can assist people, locally, nationally and internationally.
At Putt Legal, we know migration matters.
Find Putt Legal at 236 Rokeby Rd, Subiaco, WA, 6008
Phone: +61 8 9221 7682
Fax: +61 8 6210 1378
If overseas, please email to arrange a suitable appointment time for a Skype consultation.
Principal Immigration Lawyer & Migration Agent
Jessica Edis is an Immigration Lawyer from Perth, Western Australia and is Putt Legal’s principal, having taken over the practice from founding partner Alisdair Putt in late 2018.
Jessica is a highly experienced Advocate and Legal Adviser. She worked for many years as a Federal Prosecutor as an employee of the Australian Government immediately before joining the Putt Legal team in 2014.
Jessica’s career began as a commercial litigator at Ashurst where, among other matters, she conducted an immigration law practice. She was engaged by the Department of Home Affairs (previously known as Department of Immigration) concerning judicial review proceedings and reperesented the Department in matters at the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, the Federal Magistrates Court (as it then was), the Federal Court and the High Court.
Jessica has also undertaken short term secondments to WorkSafe WA, as a Senior Lawyer and Director of Legal Services & Special Investigations, and has worked as a Consultant Investigator to the United Nations World Food Program based in Rome, Italy.
Jessica was first admitted as a Barrister & Solicitor in 2001.
- Admitted Barrister & Solicitor – Supreme Court of Western Australia – 2001
- Admitted Barrister of High Court of Australia – 2001
- Registered Migration Agent – 2014
- Migration Agents Registration Number: 1462957
- Member of the Migration Institute of Australia
Educational Qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Law (Honours) – University of Western Australia
- Bachelor of Arts – University of Western Australia
- Private International Law / International Organisations / Human Rights (as part of Bachelor of Laws) – University of Aix-Marseille
- Graduate Certificate in Australian Migration Law & Practice – Australian National University
Past employment experience includes:
- United Nations World Food Program, Internal Investigator – 2015/2016 (9 month consultancy);
- Office of Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions – 9 years;
- WorkSafe WA – 10 months;
- Blake Dawson Waldron (now Ashurst) – 4 years;
- Associate to the HIH Royal Commissioner, 2002/2003;
- Associate to the Hon Justice Neville Owen, Supreme Court of Western Australia – 2000/2001.
If you would like Jessica to represent you or review a case, please complete our online assessment and a member of our team will contact you to arrange a time.
Immigration Lawyer & Registered Migration Agent
Amanda became a Registered Migration Agent in 2015, and she was admitted to the Supreme Court of Western Australia in 2016. Amanda is passionate about helping people and enjoys achieving this via her work as a migration agent. She possesses a strong client-focused approach and is experienced in preparing a range of visa applications, drafting persuasive submissions and representing clients at the Administrative Appeals Tribunal. Amanda joined Putt Legal in 2018. Before this, she worked in migration law for the preceding five years.
Educational Qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Commerce – Curtin University (2008)
- Juris Doctor – Murdoch University (2013)
- Graduate Certificate in Australian Migration Law & Practice – Murdoch University (2015)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – College of Law (2016)
- Migration Agents Registration Number: 1575699
If you would like Amanda to represent you or review a case, please complete our online assessment and a member of our team will contact you to arrange a time.
Registered Migration Agent
Rebecca has over 9 years of experience within the migration industry and completed her Graduate Certificate in Australian Migration Law and Practice at Murdoch University in 2016. Rebecca joined Putt Legal in 2017 and became a Registered Migration Agent in 2020 after successfully sitting the College of Law Migration Agents Capstone examinations.
One of the things that Rebecca loves about the industry is that she gets to work with people from all walks of life and helps them achieve their end goal of living in Australia.
Rebecca has extensive knowledge of various visa applications and is a specialist in independent skilled, employer sponsorship and family visas.
Practice Manager & Paralegal
Michelle is Putt Legal’s Practice Manager and Paralegal. Michelle has extensive administrative experience having spent over twenty years working in administration in both the legal and health industries. You will hear Michelle’s bright voice answer the phone, and she will greet you when you come in for an appointment.
Danielle is our Senior Paralegal. Danielle has worked in the Legal Industry for the past decade, specialising in various areas including Criminal, Commercial, Proceeds of Crime and Family Law. Danielle has developed her skills working in various roles such as Legal Secretary, Executive Assistant and Paralegal, including working for the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions for eight years. She has an Advanced Diploma of Business and Legal Studies from Central Tafe Perth.
Check Your Eligibility
Complete the form using the button below to take our free Australian visa eligibility test. Once completed, we’ll be in touch with you to book an obligation free consultation on your next steps.