CHANGES TO CONSOLIDATED SPONSORED OCCUPATION LIST (CSOL) AND SKILLED OCCUPATION LIST (SOL)
SKILLED OCCUPATION LIST (SOL)
THE SOL IS RELEVANT FOR APPLICANTS FOR:
- independent points-based skilled migration who are not nominated by a state or territory government agency
- a Family Sponsored points-based skilled visa
- Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) – Graduate Work stream.
CONSOLIDATED SPONSORED OCCUPATION LIST (CSOL)
THE CSOL IS RELEVANT FOR APPLICANTS FOR:
- points-based skilled migration who are nominated by a state or territory government agency under a State Migration Plan
- the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS), who must have been nominated by an Australian employer to fill a position in an occupation that appears in the CSOL
- the Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)
- the Training and Research visa (subclass 402).
SUMMARY OF CHANGES
The following changes will apply to applications made for the above visas on or after 1 July 2014.
Occupations added to the SOL
The following occupations will be added to the SOL:
- Chef (Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) 351311)
- Bricklayer (ANZSCO 331111)
- Wall and Floor Tiler (ANZSCO 333411)
Occupations added to the CSOL
The following occupations will be added to the CSOL:
- Hydrogeologist (ANZSCO 234413)
- Exercise Physiologist (ANZSCO 234915)
Changes to occupation titles
The following titles will be changed:
- Ship’s Surveyor will be titled Marine Surveyor (ANZSCO 231215)
- General Medical Practitioner will be titled General Practitioner (ANZSCO 253111)
Changes to assessing authorities
For new applications for the above visas made on or after 1 July 2014, new assessing authorities will be specified for the following occupations:
- Nurse Manager (ANZSCO 254311): Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC)
- Nurse Educator (ANZSCO 254211): ANMAC
- Nurse Researcher (ANZSCO 254212): ANMAC.
- Marine Transport Professional not elsewhere classified (ANZSCO 231299): Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services (VETASSESS)
For more information, contact Putt Legal.
ABOUT PUTT LEGAL
Putt Legal are your specialists in Immigration Law. We can assist you in making your migration to Australia seamless.
The Australian visa process can be complex and confusing; our lawyers work with you to guide you through every step of the way.
We are highly qualified and experienced in immigration law matters and are committed to providing expert advice in every individual case.